Surrey offers an intriguing blend of urban and country lifestyles, which makes for an abundance of things to do. From scenic beaches and natural settings to award-winning golf courses, intricate corn mazes and miniature trains, Surrey has activities for the whole family!
Surrey is also ideally located close to major attractions in Metro Vancouver. While you’re here, let Tourism Surrey be your guide to the best things to do. The tourism counsellors at the Surrey Visitor Centre are well versed in the best of BC and would be happy to help you plan your adventure today!
The Metro Vancouver area offers so much to do! Here are some of the highlights to help get you started:
- Crescent Beach: One of Surrey’s earliest settlements, Crescent Beach is an ideal place to walk, swim, have a picnic or watch the sunset.
- Capilano Suspension Bridge: Brave the heights and cross the bridge that has captivated millions of visitors.
- Grouse Mountain: Ride the Skyride to the top of Grouse Mountain and begin your adventure! For a more active experience, climb what’s known as “Nature’s Stairmaster” the Grouse Grind.
- Stanley Park: With so much to see and do at Stanley Park, the tough part is deciding where to start!
- Vancouver Aquarium: The largest Marine Science Centre in Canada, over 70,000 animals call this place home.
- Shopping on Robson Street: Truly a shopping mecca and famous worldwide, Robson Street is a must see for all visitors!
- Telus World of Science: Learn about the wonders of science with interactive exhibits and live demonstrations.
- Historic Gastown: Stroll the cobblestone streets, peruse the quaint shops and listen for the whistle of the world-famous Steam Clock as it strikes on the hour.
- Granville Island: Experience the place known for its incredible food, diverse culture and one of a kind shopping!
- Metropolis at Metrotown: The largest shopping mall in BC also features an indoor kids train and unique exhibits and events year round!
- Britannia Mining Museum: Here you can ride an underground train, pan for real gold, enjoy the interactive exhibits, even ignite your own dynamite explosion!
For help planning your itinerary, or to purchase attractions tickets at discounted rates, please contact the Surrey Visitor Centre at 604-531-6646 or toll free at 1-888-531-6646, or visit them at 730 – 176 Street in Surrey, BC. Visit Tourism Surrey for more information.